Pennsylvania Child Molester Registry
The Jerry Sandusky illustrates one of the most horrific realties when it comes to sexual predators: even a person with the most impeccable reputation can be a likely sexual predator. That’s why you really need to take a good long look at the Pennsylvania sex offender registry. This is a Pennsylvania sexual predator list of people you can’t trust because of the crimes they’ve committed.
How Can I Map Sex Offenders in my Neighborhood?
If you have been wondering about this, here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to the Megan’s Law Website of the Pennsylvania State Police. The first page will require you to attest that you will use the information you gather at the site in a lawful manner.
- After you do that, you will then be allowed access to the main page of the PA Megan’s Law Website. Hover your mouse pointer to the Search Offenders Bar, and a menu will pop up showing your options.
- You can search by name, or you can lookup sex offender by address in PA. You can search sex offender registry by zip code in Pennsylvania, as well as by county, municipality, city, or mile radius around your home.
- You can also generate a Pennsylvania child molester list of non-compliant offenders. Or you may want to generate a list of sexually violent predators, sexually violent delinquent children, or transient offenders.
What Kind of Information is Available?
The Pennsylvania sex offender registry is actually a treasure trove of information. Essentially, you will receive info such as:
- The name of the offenders, including all the known aliases;
- Every pertinent bits of address information, including all residences and even intended residences. If the offender is a transient, the temporary dwelling will be mentioned, as well as the places the offender frequents or eats in. When possible, a map is also included.
- The address of where the offender works;
- A photograph of the offender, as well as a description of his physical characteristics;
- The license plate number and a description of the offender’s vehicle.
Instead of having to go to the site and monitor Registered sex offenders in Pennsylvania manually, you can also request to receive email alerts for the information you need. The PA sex offender registry can send you email alerts through its Electronic Notification System. This is so far the only way to receive alerts, as the State Police do not as of yet send direct mail or text messages for notifications.
- You can select an address, and then you can get email notifications for every sexual offender who live, work, or go to school with the designated radius of the address.
- You can also monitor specific sexual predators. If the person you are tracking changes their status in any way—they move to another place, start working in a new office, or go to a new school—you can then be notified immediately.