TX Sex Offender List
Many conservatives point to California as a bastion of sexual immorality. This is partly because of the reputations of cities like San Francisco. But they seem to forget that the sexual offender situation in Texas is much worse.
That’s right—Texas, the land of football, Jesus, and the right to bear arms. According to the report compiled by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, there are 78,869 registered sex offenders in Texas. California, on the other hand, only has 74,857.
What’s more, since the population in California is bigger than Texas, the number of offenders per 100,000 people is considerably higher in Texas. The national average is 246 sexual offenders per 100,000 residents. In Texas, that number is 314, but California is below average at 201.
Searching through the Texas Sex Offender Registry
If you wish to generate a Texas sexual predator list, your first stop is the TX sex offender registry maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety. Then there are several ways to search. Just keep in mind, though, that the registry will no longer display the offender’s employer name, address, or phone number.
- If you know the sexual offender’s name, then just enter the first and last name. Then you can add additional info, such as the birth date, sex, and race. You can also indicate the county location.
- On that same page, you can click the address search. Here, you can type in your address and it will generate a Texas child molester list of offenders who live near you.
- You can also search sex offender registry by zip code in Texas, as well as by county or by the college the offender went to.
- As an additional service, you can also download the entire Public Sex Offender Registry for free. There are some requirements, however, and anyone who does download the list will have their name posted on the website.
- Operators of social networking websites may also access registration info which can help identify sexual offenders online.
Why Should I Map Sex Offenders in my Neighborhood?
This is for your security and safety. Statistics show that sexual offenders may sometimes commit the same offenses, and it would be risky to let your children play near the home of a known sexual criminal. That’s what happened to Megan of Megan’s Law—she was victimized by a neighbor who was convicted of a sexual crime.
The right to lookup sex offender by address in TX, however, must never be abused. The point is to keep potential victims like women and children safe, and not to harass ex-convicts who have served their time.
Sexual Offender Population Density
Despite the cast number of sexual offenders in the state, most areas do not have many offenders in one small area. The sole exception, according to Homefacts.com, is Loving County in West Texas. You may want to think about that if you plan to move there.