Illinois Child Molester List
To find information regarding the sexual criminals listed in the Illinois sex offender registry, here are the steps you need to take:
- Go online and visit Illinois Sex Offender Information. The home page carries a disclaimer which explains how people were required to register for the Illinois sexual predator list. It also warns you not to use the information you gathered from the site for any illegal purpose.
- Once you have read the disclaimer, you have to agree to the conditions set by the site. You are then required to type the captcha and click “Agree”.
- After doing so, you will be taken to the main page of the website. There are lots of links here which offer a lot of information regarding the IL sex offender registry.
- On the left is the Offender search bar. Type in the last name of the person you are tracking, the city, the zip code, and the county.
- Indicate whether you want a list of all the offenders, or whether you want a list of compliant, non-compliant, or those whose location is unknown.
- Select the offender type. You can check all of them, or specify whether you want to have a list of child sex offenders, adult sex offenders, or murderers.
- Choose how many results you want to show for each page.
You might be wondering: “Can I map sex offenders in my neighborhood? If so, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Click the “mapping” link under the Agency Links. This is located right under the Offender search section. This is where you can Lookup sex offender by address in IL.
- You will then need to put in your address and zip code. While you can search sex offender registry by zip code in Illinois, you need to put in the address as well.
- Then you have to indicate such how wide a search you want. It can be just 500 feet around your home, or up to 5 miles around your home. The Illinois child molester list you will generate depends on how large an area you want to track.
When you get the results, you will then get some basic information (including a photo and an address) about the offender.
Here are a few more tips you may find important:
- If you are a victim or a guardian of a victim, you can request for automatic notification of the change of address of the registered sex offender. You have to notify the Illinois State Police, Sex Offender Registration, 801 South 7th Street, Suite 200 South, Springfield, Illinois 62703, in writing.
- You can also go to the Homefacts.com website to get a sense of where the registered sex offenders in Illinois are. There are quite a few of them here, and Marion and Alexander have the greatest number per 10,000 residents.